Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Re-cap



With Thanksgiving over, left over’s eaten, family now gone, and life somewhat back to normal for the next few weeks, until it’s time to gear up for Christmas, I thought that I would update you all on everything.

Well, as most of you know, because we would have shared the news if it had happened, we did not receive a referral by Thanksgiving like we were hoping and praying for. We realize that it is all in God’s hands and we will be introduced to Zoe when he is ready for us to be. So we are now praying that, that is the one gift that we get for Christmas!! Please join us in praying it is the right time. But we have found out that we are getting closer on the list to being at the top. Our agency doesn't give out "numbers" to tell you how many families are ahead of you, but I annoy them so much I think they told me one to get me to leave them alone. I can't say what number it is, but I will tell you it is in the single digests! So PRAY, PRAY, PRAY !

As some of you know, KC and I have some interesting ‘characters’ in our family and surprisingly I was only confronted by a few of them on Thanksgiving about the adoption. So needless to say it was a great day! I am posting some pictures of the day. Olivia finally got to meet my Granny. She is my dad’s mother and she turned 99 this year. We truly are blessed to still have her in our lives. She is full of so much spunk and wisdom.




So while we didn’t get our referral there is still SO much to be thankful for this year.

There is also a picture of me and my brothers and sisters with our Granny. Then the one at the top of the post is of everyone in my family, as in brothers, sisters, and their families – so not including aunts, uncles or cousins.



until later -

j.w. godwin

1 comment:

  1. Darren and Jacky LewisDecember 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM

    That's so great! How amazing it would be for you guys to get your referral for Christmas! What a gift that would be! Praying for it to happen! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete