Thursday, February 3, 2011

OUCH !


First let me start this with the disclaimer that I HATE getting shots. I hate needles more than anything else in the world.

KC & I just finished our first round of shots at the Public Health Department. They were great there. They were asking questions about Zoe, about when we thought we were going to leave, they were asking about Olivia – then the mood changed, very quickly. The sweet nurse turned and walked out of the room telling us that she would be right back. I got extremely nervous, I started to sweat like crazy, I was pretty much freaking out a little bit. We were there to get our first Hep. A & B shot, our Polio shot and our Yellow Fever shot. So I have been doing research on what could happen when you get these shots, and I am always worried that I am going to be that one person out of the 7.3 million that have a reaction to the shots. (1 in 7.3 million is not an accurate statistic; instead it is just a joke.)

Well, as the nurse left the room, I became a little light headed from stressing out, so I had to lay down in KC’s lap before I passed out. Looking back, yeah it was a little funny, but at the moment I was stressing!




Well, the nurse came back in, she asked who wanted to go first, and my wife being the kind hearted, loving woman she is, she volunteered me.








That kind nurse that left the room, came back a vicious medical torturer! She pulled the sleeves up on my shirt, and gave me

one…

two…

three shots, and don’t let the expression on my face fool you – they hurt!


But then everything got better, because it was no longer my turn and it was then KC’s turn. She also started to stress out a little, but I don’t know if it was from the actual shots or from my screaming that she just heard.



She rolled her sleeves up, as I took pictures, and one….

two….

three….

she was done!



Hers hurt a little more afterwards than mine did.


So round one is done, round two will be in a month. So we will update you on that when it happens. We hope you enjoy our pictures, we always enjoy documenting everything, no matter how ridiculous we look.


Until later
-j.w. godwin

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you guys feel! I HATE shots with an extreme passion! It'd definitely take something as special as Zoe Grace to make me get them!! It'll all be worth it! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY KC,

    We met at the retreat this weekend and your little Zoe is a doll baby! So excited for you guys and look forward to following your journey!

    I hope your court date happens soon :)

    We are waiting on our referral and it could be any day!

    Blessings to you!

    If you are on FB- I am facebook.com/jessicabsmith

    ReplyDelete