Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter to Everyone!

We hope that everyone has had as great of a day as we have. The weekend has actually been a great time! So this will probably be a long post, a lot has gone on over the past few days.

It all started being great Thursday afternoon actually. KC was out of town with Olivia to the beach for a little rest and relaxation, which was long over due. I have just finished up finals, so she has been an amazing wife/mother during these last three weeks really stepping up to the plate to allow me all the time I needed to study, so she needed a little break.
(Which paid off – I had four classes and have gotten one A and two B’s so far, and am waiting on the fourth.) Back to the weekend – Thursday night at church we had a Sader Meal. This guy came to the church to give us a lecture/play by play of what historians have been able to find out about the last supper. It was pretty amazing! I was one of the disciples up on stage, I was actually Simon Peter and it was even more amazing sitting up there while he was talking about it. Raleigh (of theuncontainabletruth.com was one as well.)

Then came Friday. KC made it home with Olivia and we went to the Good Friday service at church. I haven’t ever been to one, and it was a new experience. I think that they always do a great job with every service that they do at our church so of course this one was as well.

Then there was Saturday. When I woke up Saturday morning and didn’t have to go to class, because it is my summer break, which no one can ever complain about that, it turned into a busy morning.
(Olivia is the third one from the left in the purple.)

We met up with some members of our small group to eat breakfast at Chappy’s before we headed to church for the Easter Egg Hunt. We then all met up at church around 10:00 to watch the moment of excitement unfold. Luckily they had sectioned off by age group where the kids could find the eggs. Olivia, Laney and Mary Harris had as awesome time! They were very funny to watch.


Then we have today! EASTER SUNDAY! What an awesome day to be able to experience with people you love at church! The sermon, surprisingly, was mainly about Adoption! Who knew that, that would be the topic on Easter Sunday? I wasn’t expecting it, and I normally know those kinds of things. It was very fitting, about how God took each of us in as his child. How he adopted us into HIS family and how HE LOVES each and every one of us. Rachel and Brad Goode, who actually inspired us to start our paperwork, also spoke. As soon as the webcast is up I am going to attach it on here so you can hear what they, mainly Rachel, said. It was so moving and there were so many people in the crowd crying, I got chills all over while she was talking. It was an awesome day!

(I have attached some pictures of this weekend, I hope you enjoy them!!!)

1 comment:

  1. 1. Olivia is so precious
    and
    2. thanks for the sweet words!!!

    ReplyDelete