Thursday, March 10, 2011

Okay. Okay. We will blog about it -

There have been a TON of people e-mailing, calling and texting us about these current ‘issues’ that are taking place in Ethiopia. Yes we have heard the rumors and no we have no interest in commenting on them beyond what I am going to post here.

It says in Ephesians 4:29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” I don’t think any of us right now ‘passing on’ information that we may have heard from someone or that we may have read from some blog or some email that we may have seen from some agency that doesn’t have anything to do with you or your agency is helpful. I do however believe that all of this has everyone’s emotions on high alert, including mine and KC’s, and I think that the smallest thing, especially in the adoption world/BLOG world could start a fire of emotions and endless forwards and messages to each other. On that note, KC & I are forever grateful to everyone who has emailed and gotten in touch with us and we know that everyone is just trying to help everyone else stay informed, and that is not what I am talking about. What I am saying here is that those who are passing information along just to be passing something on, or those who don’t have any factual information that something is indeed happening or taking place should not attempt to ‘inform’ others until they know for certain – which means their agency told them directly – and then it is normally only applicable to those of you in the same agency. So while I am not meaning to come across harsh in this post, or ungrateful for all of the concern, but for those out there who haven’t been through this process or who are going through it but maybe aren’t as far into it as some of us other people, please try to refrain from ‘passing on’ info. I do know from some friends that there are still plenty of wonderful things going on in Ethiopia right now. There were some people who were given their court dates just yesterday. Not us unfortunately, but we know that it WILL happen, we are just continuing to pray and keep the faith that God’s will be done in the time table that he wants it done.

Again, whoever is reading this blog, PLEASE know that it is not a lashing out post, it is merely a post to remind everyone that I am just a dad waiting every day, praying faithfully, to receive a phone call, or an e-mail, or a carrier pigeon, or a message in a bottle, I really don’t care, just something from our caseworker telling us that our paperwork has been completed and what our court date is. Every time I am told that something else might or might not be happening it gives me a hollow feeling in the pit of my stomach because all I can think of is the second most precious face in the world who’s picture is on my desk right beside her big sisters and it almost makes me physically sick because I can not do anything about it – except pray.

So before you decide to post something or pass something along, think for a second how this will affect others in the process. Would you want to know what you are about to share…

I am from a BIG family, I have three sisters and five brothers, and I remember several times growing up when my mom would tell us that if we just sit down and stop talking over each other we would be able to understand the instructions and what is going on a lot better. Maybe we should all heed that advice right now, but instead of sitting down to be quiet we should hit our knees and pray for guidance and a resolution to anything that may or may not be taking place – and if for nothing else at least pray for strength and comfort for KC, myself, and the other parents out there who are literally one or two steps away from being able to go meet our babies.

Until later -

j.w. godwin

1 comment: